5 Best Apps to help Business Owners
There's so many tools, apps and resources out there that it can get a little overwhelming. Trust me, I get it! To make things easier for you, we have gone ahead and broken down our 5 best phone apps to help you within your business.
1. Receipt Bank
You didn't go into business to sort out receipts, bills and invoices. Try Receipt Bank: an easy way to store your financial paperwork, used by thousands of accountants, bookkeepers and small to medium businesses worldwide.
Receipt Bank's OCR technology automatically captures all of the data you need to keep accurate, compliant records. Upload and store your receipts, bills and invoices using the mobile app, desktop app or your own email inbox. Access them at any time using your mobile phone or computer.
Don't spend any more time worrying about lost, late receipts. Use Receipt Bank to keep all of your finances organised, safe, and perfectly-formatted for your accounting process, or other software you use to keep track of your money (Xero, QuickBooks Online, Sage Online, QuickBooks Desktop, Sage 50, and more).
Note: If you're new to Receipt Bank, download the app and tap "Get Started". You'll open a 14-day trial where you can test all of the functionality, on mobile and desktop, for free.
Spend less time chasing financial documents and more time running your business.
Hubdoc automatically fetches your bank statements, bills, and receipts from hundreds of financial institutions, utilities, telecom providers, and online vendors.
Whether you're on the go, at home, or in the office, Hubdoc gives you the tools to upload documents from your desktop, mobile device, email, or ScanSnap scanner.
Once everything is in Hubdoc, the key data is extracted and seamlessly synced to QuickBooks Online, Xero, and Bill.com for one-click payment processing, reconciliation, and audit-proofing.
Use the Hubdoc mobile app to snap pictures of your bills and receipts!
Deputy is the ultimate Shift Planning & Schedule Maker app, providing you with an innovative Workforce Management solution. Get started today for FREE!
Over 250,000 workplaces in 90+ countries trust Deputy for their Employee Scheduling, Time & Attendance tracker, Team task management, Team Communication, and Performance management.
Want to know how it can help you?
- Easily create balanced, cost-effective rosters in minutes from any device.
- Publish personalised shift information to your team via SMS, email, and push notification.
- Fill open shifts easily by pushing alerts to your team and letting them pick up work shifts.
- Approve leave from your mobile so you're never caught off short.
- Quickly approve employee Shift Swaps and Shift Drops in seconds straight from a mobile device.
- Manage team communications easily in one place: broadcast announcements, assign tasks to specific individuals / shifts, and get confirmation that your team has seen it.
- Get greater insight and control of your business, and keep yourself compliant with inbuilt Award Interpretation and record keeping.
- Connect with your existing apps to give you end-to-end visibility. Deputy syncs with over 300+ of the world's most used solutions such as ADP, Square, QuickBooks, Xero, Gusto, Vend, Revel and more, including payroll providers. For a full list see www.deputy.com/integrations
Want to know how Deputy can help your employees?
- Get your Shift Work Calendar on your device as soon as it’s published.
- View all your upcoming shifts in one place and get alerts on days when you’re due to work.
- Manage your availabilities and time off easily, see what’s approved, and make it simple for your manager to know when you are and aren’t available.
- Clock in and out of work quickly from the app.
- See important company updates, manage your tasks and communicate with your team from your mobile device.
KeyPay is designed to free businesses, accountants, bookkeepers, and outsourced payroll providers from the stressors of payroll. With a one-off set up, repetitive payroll tasks can be run automatically in the background with the automated pay runs feature. It provides businesses the tools to promote compliance, empower employees and better manage employee costs. This includes employee self service, award interpretation, rostering, and time and attendance features alongside an extensive library of reports that streamline processes.
With the features doing the legwork for you, KeyPay gives you more hours in the day to focus on strategic tasks that grow your business.
5. Xero and Xero Me
Keep track of your unpaid and overdue invoices, bank account balances, profit and loss, cashflow, bank reconciliation, bills to pay and more.
Run your business from anywhere with confidence. Choose when you work, not where.
- Manage Invoices - Avoid cash flow problems for your business, by staying ahead of unpaid and overdue invoices, view outstanding invoices and payment history at a glance.
- Reconcile Bank accounts in a flash - Start the day by knowing exactly where your business stands. Reconcile and categorise bank transactions within seconds.
- Get paid faster - Create professional looking invoices with ease. Edit, preview and send via email or a messaging apps of your choice.
- Get more clients - Convert quotes into invoices at a tap of a button, without needing to re-enter information.
- Manage contacts - Add individual details to personalise contacts and view useful insights, including average days to pay, along with invoice and bill activity.
- Stay on top of your bills - Quickly and easily create a record of money you owe and attach source documents, as a reminder of what needs actioning.
- Monitor spending - view a record of what your business is spending instantly in one place and make informed decisions about your expenditure.
- Reporting on the go - get visibility of all your bank account balances, profit and loss, cashflow, outstanding invoices, bills to pay and much more right on the dashboard
Everyone has a better half, and in the app’s case, it’s the desktop version. If you need to do the more complicated stuff, take it to the desktop!
Xero Me is for employees of businesses who use Xero to manage payroll. Xero Me allows you to check your pay history, submit timesheets and manage leave requests from anywhere.
Submit timesheets with Xero Me.
- Enter hours and earnings rate for a given time entry.
- Create multiple time entries per day.
- Submit timesheet for approval.
Manage leave requests with Xero Me.
- View upcoming leave requests in the beautiful leave calendar.
- Employees can request, edit or delete leave requests.
- Managers can approve or reject leave requests.
Check your pay details and more with Xero Me.
- Check your next pay date.
- View past payslips.
- Download PDF files of your previous payslips.